Fri, 09 Dec|
4th India Well Plugging and Abandonment & Decomm workshop (IWPAD) 2023
This is the place where you can hear from the Operators on their P&A plans. You will also have the opportunity to listen to regulatory bodies, service & technology providers.
Time & Location
09-Dec-2022, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm IST
Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
About The Event
Innovative Concepts, producers of various technical oil & gas conferences is pleased to organize the 4th India Well P & A & Decommissioning (IWPAD) Workshop, 17 March 2023, Mumbai, India. Pleases find the details of the workshop for your reference & participation. Well intervention is carried out as a remedial operations performed on producing wells with the intention of restoring or increasing production. A well may require intervention due to restrictions in flow, changes in reservoir characteristics, sand production, mechanical failure, or to access additional hydrocarbon pay zones. Mature fields account for about 70.0% of the global oil & gas production, with many in the secondary or tertiary production phases. The average recovery factor is 70.0% for gas and 35.0% for oil. The major difficulty with the mature fields is that either their oil production is uneconomical or the operator faces technological limitations to recover oil reserves. Well integrity issues have caused significant safety, cost, and production implications for oil & gas companies. The oil & gas companies are adopting new digitization strategies to reshape their operations. The oilfield service providers are designing and developing new well intervention solutions to meet the rising demand for intervention solutions from upstream operators in the well intervention market.
Major challenges faced by service providers trying to implement new technology for well intervention is, to bring it into the market and deploy it.
Communication, collaboration, and setting long-term goals are crucial for the industry to prosper.
The conference will help attendees developing a well intervention program that integrates new completion designs, advanced workover technologies & a reliable late life strategy to maximize production throughout your assets’ lifecycle. Conference focus topics:
· Market Update: Review changes to the Indian intervention market and supply chain, to optimise project planning & moving forward
· Collaboration and Resources: Explore how collaboration between regional operators could create a more cost-effective approach to projects and shape a more attractive industry for suppliers and service companies
· Well Design: Uncover the impact of intelligent field development on well intervention and grasp the value of a multi-disciplinary approach to platform and subsea well work.
· Well Integrity: Understand how operators are predicting future well integrity problems to ensure that the wells remain safe, secure, and compliant
· Plug & Abandonment: Access exclusive P&A case-studies and see what P&A activity is. ongoing across the Indian region
· Late Life Management: Explore how a robust well integrity and P&A strategy can help maximize production for mature assets ahead of a reliable & cost-effective abandonment
· End of lifecycle Decommissioning
CALL FOR PAPERS:
We invite you to kindly submit your topic along with abstract according to the topics outlined above.
Criteria for abstract selection
· The presentation shall contain new major contribution in terms of knowledge or experience in the oil & gas business.
· The presentation must be technically correct and of interest to the petroleum sector, it may present information about equipment and tools but must avoid any commercialism and the use of trade names.
· The abstract must have received the necessary clearance by the company of the presenting author.
· Abstracts and presentations shall be submitted in electronic format. The abstract text shall be between 200 - 400 words and be written in English. Pictures and graphs must be avoided. The abstract shall describe the technical content of the work, it’s possible application, and any technical or economic contribution.
Submission Dates and Deadlines:
To have your topic considered for presentation in this conference, please adhere the following deadlines.
- Submission of topic along with Abstracts: 11th January 2023
- Provisional Acceptance of Abstracts: 18th January 2023
- Submission of Full presentation: 25th January 2023