Time is TBD|
2nd 'India Well Plugging and Abandonment' (IWPA) & Decomm Workshop
We are pleased to launch the inaugural 'India Well Plugging and Abandonment' (IWPA) Workshop in July 2020. This is the place where you can hear from the Operators on their P&A plans. You will also have the opportunity to listen to regulatory bodies, service & technology providers.
Time & Location
Time is TBD
Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
About The Event
There is an upcoming "P&A wave" of wells that need to be permanently plugged and abandoned, especially in matured oilfields.
Plugging and abandoning wells is costly, technically challenging and potentially hazardous both to the workforce and the environment. The well plugging and abandonment amounts to 40% of the total decommissioning costs. With operators eager to reduce project risk and minimize costs, careful planning and common sense strategies need to be put in place throughout the P&A process. An essential aspect of P&A is to ensure well integrity after abandonment. New technologies and approaches are being pioneered globally to improve well plugging and abandonment methods.
There are different phases for the Well P & A work, “Reservoir abandonment” and includes installing primary and secondary barriers towards the reservoir. “Intermediate abandonment” and includes installing potential barriers towards flow zones in the overburden and the surface plug & “Wellhead and conductor removal.
We are pleased to launch the inaugural 'India Well Plugging and Abandonment' (IWPA) Workshop in March 2020. This is the place where you can hear from the Operators on their P&A plans. You will also have the opportunity to listen to regulatory bodies, service & technology providers. Moreover you will learn about the latest regulations to ensure your future P&A projects move forward smoothly.
Meet, network and share information with senior Well P&A industry decision makers.
IWPA workshop intends to become a platform for key industry players from the region and the globe on innovative processes and technologies. The workshop will provide operators with the information needed to more efficiently retire their aged oil fields.
Call For Papers
We invite you to kindly submit your topic along with abstract according to the topics outlined above.
Criteria for abstract selection
· The presentation shall contain new major contribution in terms of knowledge or experience in the oil & gas business.
· The presentation must be technically correct and of interest to the petroleum sector, it may present information about equipment and tools but must avoid any commercialism and the use of trade names.
· The abstract must have received the necessary clearance by the company of the presenting author.
· Abstracts and presentations shall be submitted in electronic format. The abstract text shall be between 200 - 400 words and be written in English. Pictures and graphs must be avoided. The abstract shall describe the technical content of the work, it’s possible application, and any technical or economic contribution.
Submission Dates and Deadlines:
To have your topic considered for presentation in this conference, please adhere the following deadlines.
· Submission of topic along with Abstracts: 25th January 2019.
· Provisional Acceptance of Abstracts: 5th February 2019.
· Submission of Full presentation: 15th February 2019.
· Submission of Final presentation: 28th February 2019.